Sophos (New York, NY) Senior Software Engineer (July 2021 – Present)
- Go development on an enterprise Linux security sensor.
- Coordinated across teams to package and deploy the Capsule8 sensor as part of the Sophos Linux product.
- Worked to integrate Capsule8 and Sophos build systems, pipelines, and workflows.
- Assisted in full rebranding of Capsule8 products.
- Wrote end-to-end integration tests for the Linux “Runtime Detections” plugin.
Capsule8 (acquired by Sophos) (New York, NY) Senior Software Engineer (May 2018 – June 2021)
- Full-stack development on an administrative console for an enterprise Linux security sensor.
- Backend web and service development in Go backed by PostgreSQL.
- Frontend development of a complex Single Page Application in React and Typescript.
- Designed and executed an integration with an international channel partner.
- Conducted complete audit and rewrite of public-facing documentation.
- Designed and built internal tools and a prototype SAAS platform.
- Configured and operated Kubernetes clusters in AWS and GCP.
Etsy (Brooklyn, NY) Software Engineer (October 2015 – October 2017)
- Full-stack development on a popular international e-commerce site.
- Worked on major redesigns of high-traffic pages and features.
- Wrote controllers, business logic, and API endpoints in PHP.
- Designed MySQL database schema and ORM models for new features.
- Built complex user interfaces with React.
Meetup (New York, NY) UI Engineer (June 2011 – October 2015)
- Developed major features and flows for desktop and mobile versions of Meetup.com.
- Introduced Node.js to the build system and created modules to process static files.
- Launched a performance monitoring system powered by WebPagetest and Graphite.
- Wrote SQL to create and manage A/B tests.
Received Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design from the University of Texas at Austin in 2010.