Capsule8 (New York, NY) Senior Software Engineer (May 2018 – Present)
- Full-stack development on an enterprise Linux security product.
- Backend web and service development in Golang with a PostgreSQL database.
- Frontend development of a complex Single Page Application in React and Typescript.
- Designed and executed an integration with an international partner.
- Conducted complete audit and rewrite of public-facing documentation.
- Designed and built internal tools and a prototype SAAS platform.
- Helped customers and prospects debug on-premise installations.
- Configured and operated Kubernetes clusters in multiple cloud environments.
Etsy (Brooklyn, NY) Software Engineer (October 2015 – October 2017)
- Full-stack development on a popular international e-commerce site.
- Worked on major redesigns of high-traffic pages and features.
- Wrote controllers, business logic, and API endpoints in PHP.
- Designed MySQL database schema and ORM models for new features.
- Built complex front-end interfaces with React.
Meetup (New York, NY) UI Engineer (June 2011 – October 2015)
- Created dynamic templates in JSP and Handlebars.
- Developed major features and flows for desktop and mobile versions of Meetup.com.
- Introduced Grunt to the build process and wrote Node.js modules to process static files.
- Launched a performance monitoring system powered by WebPagetest and Graphite.
- Wrote SQL to create and manage split tests.
- Implemented a unit testing system with Jasmine and PhantomJS.
Hashable (New York, NY) UX Engineer (August 2010 – April 2011)
- Performed QA testing, including automated testing with Selenium.
- Wrote SQL queries to diagnose problems and retrieve data.
Received Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design from the University of Texas at Austin in 2010.